skip to main | skip to sidebar

Noisy Archive

Subscribe in Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator OnlineAdd to Google

2.21.2007

Get fat on Tuesday and burn ashes on Wednesday

Yesterday, was the most holiest day of gluttony. Known as Fat Tuesday, many Catholics, Lutherans, spiritual and non-spiritual moochers decided to celebrate in this festive holiday by seeing how much chocolate, caffeine, alcohol, or anything else they can shove down their pie hole. The whole celebration is to help in preparation for Lent where an individual fasts from a particular food, beverage, electronical device, game, blogging, or whatever else that is not inherently wrong but does have a strong hold in one's life. One abstains from the object, action that they had chosen for the entire forty day season of Lent.


Sadly, Fat Tuesday totally snuck up on me and I forgot to celebrate it. I had been looking forward to it for awhile, but like a boring college class I just missed it. I'm also having a hard time deciding what I will abstain from this year. My everyday routine involves waking up, getting ready, going to work, come home and play with my boys. I can't really cancel any of those and my work consists of computers so I can't fast from computers. I would stop drinking coffee, but I don't get to drink it but a couple of times a week and the same goes for playing my guitar. I guess my choices really end up being meat, t.v.,  sex, and listening to music. More than anything, I think I'll learn that I have a boring life this season.



For those of you who lead more entertaining lives tell me what you are fasting and we can help keep each other accountable.  I've pretty much decided that I am going to go vegetarian this season.


Tags: , ,


0 comments: